Format a checklist in a survey to define the choices that users can select to answer a question. With a checklist, users can select multiple answers to a question. For example, in a questionnaire for job applicants, you can ask users to select the languages that they speak.
- Navigate to the questionnaire:
Choices Actions Open the questionnaire in App Studio
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the list of case types, open a case type of the Questionnaire type that you want to edit.
Open the questionnaire in Dev Studio
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click the questionnaire that you want to edit.
- If you have multiple questions on the question page, click the question that you want to edit.
- From the list of question types, select Checklist.
- In the rich text editor, enter your question.
For example: Enter Select languages that you speak.
- Define the choices in the checklist:
- In the Checklist options section, click Add value.
- In the text field, enter a label for the check box.
For example: Enter French.
- Optional: To control when the checklist displays a choice, define conditions:
- Click .
- In the Visible when list, select When, and then click Edit.
- Provide a value to compare at run time, a comparator, and a value to
compare against the first value.
For example: To display French only to users who apply for a job in a sales department, create the condition Position is equal to Sales.
- Optional: To add more conditions, click Add a row.
- If you create multiple rows, define whether an answer needs to meet all or any conditions by selecting either and or or between the rows.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To store the selected choice under a name that is different from the label,
change the reporting value:
- Click .
- In the Reporting value field, replace the
default value with your custom value.For example, in a list of languages that users speak, you can use an abbreviation for each language.
- Click Save.