Format a slider in a survey to control the range of values from which users select an answer. For example, you can ask how many days users work each week by formatting a slider with the values one through seven.
- Navigate to the questionnaire:
Choices Actions Open the questionnaire in App Studio
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the list of case types, open a case type of the Questionnaire type that you want to edit.
Open the questionnaire in Dev Studio
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click the questionnaire that you want to edit.
- If you have multiple questions on the question page, click the question that you want to edit.
- From the list of question types, select Slider.
- In the rich text editor, enter your question.
For example: Enter How many days a week do you work?.
- In the Question settings pane, format the slider:
- In the Starting range field, enter the minimum numerical value for the scale, for example, enter 1.
- In the Ending range field, enter the maximum numerical value for the scale, for example, enter 7.
- In the Interval field, enter the numerical interval between the possible values on the scale, for example, enter 1.
- Optional: To preset the answer to the question, enter a value in the Default value field, for example, enter 5.
- Optional: To show possible values on the slider, select the Show captions check box.
- Click Save.