Making a question required in a questionnaire
Make a question required to ensure that your questionnaire collects complete information. For example, in a questionnaire about the service at a hotel, if a customer rates service as poor, then a field for additional comments is required.
- Navigate to the questionnaire:
Choices Actions Open the questionnaire in App Studio
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types.
- In the list of case types, open a case type of the Questionnaire type that you want to edit.
Open the questionnaire in Dev Studio
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click the questionnaire that you want to edit.
- Click the question that you want to make required.
- In the Question settings pane, in the Required when conditions section, click the Properties icon.
- In the Conditions dialog box, create a condition by providing a
value to compare at run time, a comparator, and a value to compare against the first
For example: To make the question required for VIP customers, create the condition CustomerStatus equals to VIP.
- Optional: To add more conditions, click Add a row.
- If you create multiple conditions, define whether a question needs to meet all or any conditions by selecting either and or or between the rows.
- Click OK.
Previous topic Fine-tuning your questionnaire Next topic Conditionally displaying a question in a questionnaire