Preparing OAuth 2.0 client registration for remote case types
To ensure that remote application from a consumer system can properly communicate with your producer system, prepare the OAuth 2.0 client registration in your producer system. As a result, you create a secure and reliable connection between your producer and consumer systems.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Security category, and then click OAuth 2.0 Client Registration.
- In the list of instances, open the Remotecasetype_Producer OAuth 2.0 client registration.
- In the form header, click .
- On the Save OAuth 2.0 Client Registration As form, in the Client Name field, enter a unique label, and then click Create and open.
- In the form header, in the RS section, click
Edit, and then, in the text field, provide the
ruleset to associate with your application.
- In the Client Credentials section, download the client ID
and client secret by clicking View & download, and
then click Save.
Note: You provide the client ID and client secret credentials when you register a remote system during creation of a remote case type. Ensure that you store the credentials safely. Previous topic Configuring a producer system for remote case types Next topic Preparing a token profile for remote case types