- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- Click the Approve/Reject step for which you want to add email or push notification approval requests.
- In the Step properties pane, in the Enable approval
from section, select how you want to send the approval message:
You can select both email and push notification forms.
- To request approval by email, select the Email check box.
- To request approval by push notification, select the Mobile check box.
- In the Email subject / Push notification message field, enter
text that you want to use as an email subject or a push notification message.You can reference property names in the subject to make it more dynamic and meaningful.
- If you request approval by email, define your message content:
Choices Actions Compose a message
- In the Email content list, select Custom, and then click Compose email content.
- In the Compose message window, create your message by using the rich text editor.
- Optional: To add the email message to a template library to reuse in the future, click , in the Template name field provide the template name, and then click Save.
- Click Done.
Reuse a template
- In the Email content list, select Use existing.
- In the list of email templates, select a template that you want to use.You can select templates from your template library as well as from the default templates.
- Optional: To modify the message to meet your unique business needs, click Compose email content, modify the message by using a rich text editor, and then click Done.
- Optional: To add attachments to the email, select the Include attachments
check box, and then select the files that you want to upload:
Actions Choices Include all case attachments Select All case attachments. Include only specific case attachments
- Select Choose attachments.
- Click Add attachment.
- In the drop-down list, select whether you want to include an attachment of a particular category, or add the content of a field in your case.
- In the field below, select an attachment category or a field that you want to include as an attachment.
- To add more attachments, repeat steps 7.b through 7.d.
- Click Save.
You can send personalized emails by including properties in messages. Your application then autopopulates the properties at run time with data corresponding to the relevant case. For example, you can include a property that corresponds with a case ID or a recipient name. After you create email content, you can save the message in a template library, so that you can reuse the message in the future. You can also include attachments to provide more information and context before a user accepts or rejects a case. To reach wider audiences and provide even more flexibility, you can also send approval requests to users of mobile apps by enabling push notifications in your app. The subject that you define for the email is also a push notification text.