You can transfer an assignment from one user to another. For example, you can transfer an assignment to a team member with more experience or less workload. By reassigning work to other members on your team, you can also resolve cases more quickly and effectively.
- Ensure that your application can use Cosmos React UI for landing pages (Theme Cosmos). For more information, see Enabling hybrid mode. For applications without Cosmos React, see Transferring an assignment.
- Enable transfer of assignments for your process. For more information, see Enabling users to transfer an assignment.
The pyTransferAssignment flow action that is present on the assignment shape in your process enables users to manually reassign an assignment to another operator, a reporting manager, work queue, work group or work group manager. After a transfer, the assignment appears in the worklist of the new assignee.
- Log in to an end-user portal, for example User Portal.
- Open a case:
- Search for the case.
- Click on the case in the worklist or work queue on your dashboard.
- In the Summary pane of the case, click .
- In the Activities pane of the case, in the Transfer
assignment list, select the new assignee. For example, select
Operator, and then enter the operator name.
For example: The following figure shows a new operator selected for the case.
- Click Transfer.
- Enabling users to transfer an assignment
By adding the pyTransferAssignment flow action to the assignment shape in your process, you enable end users to transfer assignments at run time, which can speed up case processing and support selection of the most competent worker to resolve a particular case.