Applicable to Theme Cosmos applications
Help users access and compare data by setting up a form with a table.
Tables are a basic component that you can use to create a clear interface in
For example, tables that display the status of
open cases can help managers quickly assess how a project is progressing.
Note: The following procedure applies to Theme Cosmos applications. For
information about configuring views in Cosmos React
applications, see Creating views in Cosmos React.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- In the case working area, click the Views tab.
- Click .
- In the View name field, provide the name under which the
view appears on the view list.
- In the Data page field, select the list from which you
want to source the table contents.
- In the Display name field, enter the text that appears
in over the view in the UI, and then define how you want to present the data to
|Table||In the Template list, select
- In the Template list, select
- In the Card header list, select the
field that you want to use as the header for your
- In the Secondary text field, select
the field that you want to use as the source of additional
text on your tile.
- In the Columns section, add the columns that you want to
include in your table by clicking Add, and then select
the property that you want to associate with the column.
The system sources columns from the current case type.
- In the Column to take up remaining width, define which
column streches to fill free space in your table.
- Optional: To define what data is displayed in the table, set filters:
- In the Filter by list, select
Custom, and then click the
- In the Condition Builder window, define the
expression that you want to use to filter table contents.
- Optional: To build a complex filter with more than one expression, click the
Add icon, and then define the additional
expression.For example: To set up a filter that displays only cases resolved the day
before, build an initial condition Case statusis equal toComplete, and a second condition
Update time/dateis equal to1 day. Set the logical operator between the
conditions to and.
- Define how the application sorts data in the table:
- In the Sort by list, add the property by which
you want sort the list by clicking Add, and then
selecting the field that you want to use as a filter.
- In the list that appears next to the property field, select the order
in which you want to sort the table.
- Optional: To enable bulk processing of list items, select the Allow bulk
Tip: Bulk processing is available for tables on case pages and
landing pages. The actions in the bulk action menu are case-wide
- Optional: To define additional table behavior, select the checkboxes that represent
specific personalization settings.For example: To give users the tools to hide table columns, select Allow user
edit column visibility.
- Click Submit.