- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- In the Case life cycle section, click an assignment in a process.
- In the Step section of the properties panel, click the General tab.
- In the Route to list, select Use business logic, and then click the Configure business logic icon.
- Select a routing method:
Actions Steps Route the assignment to a specific user
- In the Route to list, select Operator.
- In the Value field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the name of a user.
Route the assignment to a work queue
- In the Route to list, select Work queue.
- In the Value field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the name of a work queue.
Route the assignment by using custom business logic
- In the Route to list, select an option from the Custom section.
- Specify routing conditions by clicking Edit parameters
and completing the Edit parameters window.You can route the assignment based on availability and skill set, or based on availability, skill set, and workload.
- Define the routing condition for the assignment:
- In the list of values to evaluate, select the name of a field in your data model or a when condition.
- In the comparator list, select a comparator.
- In the value field, enter or select a value that your application compares with the field in the data model or the when condition.
- Optional: To define more conditions that apply to this routing method, click the Add row icon, and then repeat steps 7.a through 7.c
- If you add multiple conditions, between the rows, select the and or or operator to define how to evaluate the conditions.
- Optional: To support complex business logic, click Add condition, and then repeat steps 6 and 7.
- Optional: To change the order in which your application evaluates the conditions, define a new order by dragging the conditions.
- In the otherwise section, define a routing method that you want to use when no conditions return a true value by repeating step 6.
- Click Submit.
- Configuring custom business logic-based routing
To process cases quicker, ensure that assignments are routed to the most appropriate workers by using custom APIs for business logic-based routing. You can choose from default APIs or add custom APIs to meet your unique business needs. You can also override APIs to modify lists of available operators and work queues, so that the lists contain only relevant workers.