The following examples of case IDs illustrate the different formats that you can use:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Settings tab, click General.
- In the Case ID prefix field, enter a prefix for your case ID,
for example, JobApp-.When you enter the prefix, consider the following guidelines:
- A case ID prefix can consist of a maximum of 32 characters, including a hyphen at the end. If you do not enter a hyphen at the end of the prefix, the system adds it automatically after you save the settings.
- Do not use the ampersand (&) and double quotation marks (") in the case ID.
- Click Save.