You can handle business exceptions or track related tasks in your current case by creating an ad hoc case. Using an ad hoc case, you can resolve exceptional processes without modifying the existing case structure because ad hoc cases are not instances of a case type. For example, a case worker, such as a human resources employee, can create an ad hoc case when an application from a job candidate requires an additional background check.
- Log in to an end-user portal, for example, User Portal.
- In the My Cases widget, in the Create an ad hoc
case text field, enter a name for your ad hoc case.
For example: Enter Additional background check:
- Click Quick create.
- Add tasks to the ad hoc case:
- In the My cases list, double-click the name of the newly created ad hoc case.
- In the case Summary pane, click Actions, and then select Create tasks.
- In the Ad hoc case dashboard section, click Add a task, and then specify instructions for the task, an assignee, and a deadline.
- Click Submit.