Creating feed sources for activity feeds
Inform users about events that are relevant to them by creating feed sources for messages from internal or external data sources. After you create a feed source, you can include it in a user activity feed.For example, you can configure a Pulse feed to display posts from members of different departments.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Pulse feed record configuration section, in the
Label field, enter a short description for the feed source that
you want to create.
For example: Describe messages that users post for a team by entering TeamPosts.
- In the Apply to field, select a class to which this feed source applies.
- In the Add to ruleset field, select the name of the ruleset that contains the feed source.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Feed label field, enter a description for the new
feed.By default, the system populates the feed label with the label that you provide in the Label field in step 2.
- In the Data page field, enter the data page that retrieves the messages for the feed.
- In the fields that appear based on the data page that you choose, configure additional
For example: If you use the D_pxPostRepliesFeed data page to retrieve replies to user messages, in the UserID field, enter pxRequestor.pyUserIdentifier.
The system uses this value to fetch replies to the messages that logged-in users post.
- Click Save.
- Personalize the Pulse messages in your application by customizing the message display. For more information see, Configuring display of Pulse messages.
- Add a feed source to a user activity feed. For more information, see Adding feed sources to activity feeds.
- Enable posting Pulse comments in cases. For more information, see Configuring Pulse for case types.
Previous topic Enabling users to post messages in the activity feed Next topic Adding feed sources to activity feeds