Provide tools for fast and seamless work processing for organizations that
use multiple applications by creating remote case types. With remote case types, users
can process work from one application within another application, without changing the
context and logging in to many different products.
For example, a customer
service representative (CSR) who processes loan requests and mortgage requests can process
work by using only one application, even if mortgage and loan requests come from two
different applications. To provide this option for a CSR, in a Loan operations application,
you create a Loan request case type, and then associate the case type with the Mortgage
operations remote application. As a result, the CSR can create and process loan request
cases from the Mortgage operations application.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types.
- In the Case types header, click
- In the Create case type dialog box, enter the case type
- In the Case type name field, enter a label for
your case type, for example, Loan requests.
- Expand the Advanced section, and then, in the
Type list, select
- Click Next.
- Connect the case type to a remote application:
|Use an existing connection||In the Connect to remote application dialog
box, in the Remote application list, select the
application that you want to connect to the case type, and then click
|Create a new connection with a remote application|
- In the Connect to remote application
dialog box, in the Remote application
list, select Create new remote
- In the Name field, enter the name of
your remote application, for example, Mortgage
- In the System URL field, enter the
URL of the producer system.
For multitenant systems, ensure that you include the
tenant hash in the URL. For other systems, ensure that you
include the context root in the URL.
- In the Client ID and
Client secret fields, enter the
credentials for connecting the case type to the
You generate the credentials when you configure the
- Click Connect.
- In the Select case type dialog box, select a case type to
source from the producer system:
- In the Application list, select the application
that stores the case type.
If your producer system has only one application that is configured to
support remote case types, the system autopopulates the
Application field. The list displays only
those applications that you can access in the producer system.
- In the Case type list, select the case type that
you want to source from the producer application.
- Click Next.
- Optional: If you create a new connection with a remote application, to override default
configuration for your application in other environments, such as staging
production, provide new connection details:
- In the Environment configuration dialog box,
select the Edit connection details in other
environments check box.
- Provide connection details as necessary.
- Click Next.
- Import the data model from the producer system:
- On the Data model tab of the case type from the
producer system, click Add fields.
- In the Add fields dialog box, select the fields
from the case type data model that you want to import to process in the
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.