Reduce the risk of unfinished work in a case by defining an escalation
action, such as a notification to the manager. The manager receives the notification when an
assignment exceeds its goal or deadline.
For example, in a case of reviewing a
complaint for purchased goods, an application can notify a manager that a case worker misses a
goal for confirming customer details required to pay the reimbursement.
For relevant training
materials, see the Completing work on time module on Pega Academy.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- In the upper-right corner of the Workflow tab, click
- In the Case life cycle section, click an assignment with a
custom goal and deadline.
- In the step property panel, click Goal & deadline.
- In the Goal section, indicate what action to take when an
assignment exceeds its goal:
- To send an email notification, in the Action list, click
Notify, and then select the users to whom you want to send the
notification, for example, Manager.
- To reassign the assignment, in the Action list, click
Reassign to, and then specify the user or work queue to whom
you want to reassign the assignment.
- To resolve the case, in the Action list, click
Resolve, and then select the status for the resolved case, for
- In the Deadline section, define an escalation action by
repeating step 5.
- Click Save.