Defining an escalation action for a stage and a process
Ensure that your business use case moves forward in a timely manner by defining an escalation action for a stage and a process in your case life cycle. By notifying interested parties about an elapsed goal or deadline, you can keep the time frames that you agree on for your business use cases.For example, if an HR worker fails to meet the goal for running a background check on a job candidate, a reporting manager receives a notification. If the worker misses the deadline, the manager receives an email message with relevant details.
For relevant training materials, see the Completing work on time module on Pega Academy.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the Case life cycle section, click the element of a
case life cycle for which you want to define an escalation action:
- To send a notification after a goal or deadline for a stage that
elapses, click the stage.
Note: You cannot set an escalation action for the Create stage because the Create stage collects data before case processing starts. For more information, see The Create stage.
- To send a notification after a goal or deadline for a process that elapses, click the process.
- To send a notification after a goal or deadline for a stage that elapses, click the stage.
- In the properties pane, click the Goal & deadline tab.
- From the Use Service-level agreement (SLA) list, select Custom SLA.
- In the Goal section, in the
Notify subsection, select recipients of the
- To notify a creator of the case, select Creator.
- To notify the participants of the case, select Participants.
- If you choose to notify participants, click Manage participants, select the case participants that you want to notify, and then click Done.
- In the Message subsection, select a message type:
- To send a standard notification, select Use default message.
- To compose an email message, select Compose a message, provide a subject, click Compose, enter your message, and then click Done.
- In the Deadline section, create a notification by repeating steps 5 trough 7.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Defining an escalation action for a case Next topic Defining an escalation action for an incomplete assignment