Associate an email account with a top-level case type to provide a way for users to create cases remotely.
- Configuring outbound email in Dev Studio.
You do not need to create an email service implementation, because your application generates the required rules when you associate the email account with a case type.
- Verify that you can connect to the email server.
- Open the Email Account form.
- In the Sender section, click Test Connectivity.
- In the Receiver section, click Test Connectivity.
- Use Admin Studio to ensure that the listener that supports your email account is running. For more information, see Managing listeners.
- Manually associate the email account with a top-level case type.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Settings tab, click Email
- In the Starting process list, select a flow that runs when
the case is created.
Although case types can have more than one starting process, an email account is associated with only one starting process at a time.
- In the Email account field, press the Down Arrow key and
select the name of an email account that is not associated with another case type in
- Select the Enable email listener check box to start the listener that monitors your email account.
- Click Save to create the required integration rules.
- Optional: For more information about the integration rules that support email instantiation, from Dev Studio, click .
- Test your changes by sending an email message to the address that is specified in the
You can also reply to the confirmation email that you receive after the case is created, to continue the discussion with a case worker or ask a question about the case.