You can use extension points, system settings, and standard rules to customize the processing that occurs when you add an attachment to a case. For example, you can scan an attachment for viruses.
The following rules support attachments in a case:
- An activity that you can override to integrate your application with an external virus-checking module, such as a Java routine or Windows DDL file.
- A flow action that you can add to a process so that users can open and edit file attachments in a case. When you submit the form for this flow action, your application creates a new version of the attachment.
- An attribute that you can set in the MaximumFileUploadSizeMB
dynamic system setting that you create to change the default size limit of 1 GB for
attachments. For more information on how to create a dynamic system setting, see Creating a dynamic system setting.
The following figure shows a sample customization of the MaximumFileUploadSizeMB dynamic system setting:
After you create the dynamic system setting, the Value field helps you set the maximum attachment size. The following figure shows a dynamic system setting that allows a maximum attachment size of 512 MB:
- The default table in the database that you can query to retrieve case attachments. You can also store case attachments in external Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) systems or web storage providers.
- An activity that you can override to customize attachment download.
- A when rule that you can override and save to your ruleset to enable or disable linking attachments from a Pulse post to a case.