Formatting a decimal question in a questionnaire
Help users of your applications provide detailed and accurate answers that require numbers by creating decimal questions. At run time, users can enter numbers that include decimals after a separator to provide very detailed information. As a result, your application can precisely meet even the most specific business requirements.For example, in a questionnaire about the reimbursement of travel costs, users can provide the precise amounts of their travel expenses.
- Navigate to the questionnaire:
Choices Actions Open the questionnaire in App Studio
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types.
- In the list of case types, open a case type of the Questionnaire type that you want to edit.
Open the questionnaire in Dev Studio
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click the questionnaire that you want to edit.
- If you have multiple questions on the question page, click the question that you want to edit.
- In the list of question types, select Decimal.
- In the Question settings pane, in the Decimal
precision field, enter an integer that reflects how many places
after the decimal separator you want users to be able to enter figures.
For example: To enable users to provide a precise amount of money that includes dollars and then cents, enter 2. Result: At run time, users can provide numbers such as 25.55.
- For greater clarity, to display a separator in the number, select the Show thousands separator check box.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Formatting a currency question in a questionnaire Next topic Scoring answers in a questionnaire