You can use the Run Data Flow Decision shape to run a single case data flow that runs a decision strategy as part of the business process. By integrating decision strategies with your flow, you create decision logic that is contextual for each case.
- Add the Run Data Flow shape to your process.
- Open a process by searching for it or by using the Application Explorer. For more information, see Finding rules by class.
- On the Diagram tab, click the Flow shapes icon, and then click Run Data Flow.
- Drag the Run Data Flow shape to a position on the flow diagram, based on the order of events in the flow.
- Connect the Run Data Flow shape, by dragging connector end points to connection points on different shapes in the flow.
- Double-click the Run Data Flow shape to open the property panel.
- Optional: To use properties and other rules that are not in your current class path, change the
context of the data flow.
- In the Define data flow on list, select Another page.
- In the Page property field, press the Down Arrow key, and then select a page property that defines pages of a class that is different from the current flow.
- In the Rule field, press the Down Arrow key, and then select a data flow that references a strategy. The data flow must have an abstract input and abstract or dataset output.
- Optional: For data flows that do not save output records, or have an abstract destination, press the Down Arrow key in the Output page field, and then select a page property that stores the results from the data flow.
- Click Submit to close the property panel.
- Click Save.