- Add the Save data page step to your case life cycle:
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In a process where you want to preload a data page, click .
- Click Select.
- Optional: To provide a unique name for the step, in the Save data page field, enter a value.
- Configure how your application saves information to the data page:
Choices Actions Save data directly to the data page
- In the Step properties pane, in the Data Page Name field, enter the name of the savable data page.
- Optional: If the data page has parameters, in the Parameters section, specify values for the parameters.
Use an autopopulated property
- In the Step properties pane, select the Use associated property check box.
- In the Autopopulate Property Name field, enter the name of the property that you want to use.
- Optional: To provide more information for auditing purposes, in the Audit note field, press the Down arrow key, and then select an audit note to associate with the step.
- Optional: To enable users to navigate to this step from the case bread crumb navigation, select the Enable navigation link check box.
- Click Save.
When you save information to a data page, you can either call the data page directly or use an autopopulated property. Autopopulated properties prevent your application from monitoring changes in key parameters as they automatically retrieve the object as soon as any property value of the object is needed and a key to the object is available. Completing these actions improves the performance of your application.