Sending push notifications from cases
To ensure timely resolution of cases, notify users of your application when a case requires action. By sending push notifications, you can inform users about events in a case at any time and place. Using an event-driven model to share information ensures that cases quickly reach their resolution.
- Add the Push Notification shape to the life cycle of your case:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In a stage in which you want to add a Push notification shape, click , and then click Select.
- Click Select.
- In the Step properties panel, identify the recipients of the
Choices Actions Notify users of an application
- In the Recipient type list, select
Result: The system autopopulates the To section with the name of your application. Notify users in an access group
- In the Recipient type list, select Role.
- In the To list, select an access group.
Notify a specific user
- In the Recipient type list, select User.
- In the To list, select the identifier of the user that you want to notify.
- In the Recipient type list, select Application.
- In the Message field, press the Down arrow key, and then select
the property that contains the notification message that you want to send.
Tip: To create meaningful notifications, use a combination of text and property references. For example: Enter: "We have processed your loan application:" + .pyCaseID.
- Optional: To give users an audible notification when they receive a push notification, select the Sound alert check box.
- Optional: To enable users on mobile devices to open the case directly from the notification, select the Open a case in mobile app check box.
- Enter an audit note.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Sending automatic emails from cases Next topic Saving data in a data page as part of a case life cycle