Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Deploying Pega Platform by using Kubernetes
Orchestrate a Pega Platform™ deployment by using Docker and Kubernetes to take advantage of Pega Platform Cloud Choice flexibility. Docker is a container tool for developing, shipping, and running applications. Kubernetes is the industry-standard, open-source application orchestration tool commonly used to automate deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. Additionally, we support using Helm to manage complex deployments with our included charts.
Use the left navigation of this collection of articles to review how you use Kubernetes to deploy Pega Platform:
- The architecture overview includes a mapping of Kubernetes objects with Pega applications and services.
- The environments preparations details the supported environments as well as a list of requirements and recommendations for configurations and settings in your enterprise, as well as the configuration of Kubernetes secrets configurations you can use for maintaining security in the deployment.
- The Pega Platform requirements list recommended Kubernetes tools and required settings, as well as information about the public images that Kubernetes deployments of Pega Platform may use.
- The Pega software installation provides information about important Kubernetes-related files contained in the Pega Platform distribution image and how you register Pega-provided Docker images used for your deployment.
- The service options reviews the configuration of load balancing and logging services that already exist in your enterprise or environment.
- The Helm articles reviews how you specify the configuration of the Pega deployment for your environment in the Pega-provided Helm chart. You follow it in order to use Helm to deploy all the required Kubernetes resources automatically.
- Review the basic information you must gather in order to log in to your deployment, both the Kubernetes dashboard and the Pega application.