Communications data objects
The Pega Customer Decision Hub application includes an extensible data model. The main data objects in this model that you can use for communications use cases are Account, Subscription, and Holdings.
The data model contains the customer details, including home address, telephone, and email. A summary of assets and liabilities is included in this data object, which consists of the following categories:
- Profile Data
- Personal information, such as name and address.
- Billing Data
- Payment information, such as bill amounts and payment methods.
- Contract Data
- Information about the customer's contract, for example, its length and type (Internet, Mobile, Phone).
- Interaction Data
- Information about the customer’s contact history, such as the reasons for their calls, and sentiment scores.
- Internet Usage
- Information about the customer's internet service, for example, their current broadband upload and download speeds.
- Landline Usage
- Information about the customer's use of stationary phones.
- Mobile Usage
- Information about the customer’s use of mobile phones, for example, roaming, data use, voice and text messages.
- TV Usage
- Information about the customer’s viewing habits, for example, the kinds of programs they watch, the genres they enjoy, and purchases they have made related to TV services.
- Information about the websites that the customer visits, for example login times, visit duration, assistance requests.
- Product Holding List
- Information about the customer’s product holdings, for example, dates, IDs.
- Offline Modeling
- Information on modeling used but not calculated in real time, for example, churn score, customer lifetime value (CLV), average revenue per user (ARPU).
You can use the Holdings objects to locate and retrieve the current active recommendation that the customer chose earlier in the customer journey.
Data object relationship between Subscription, Account, and Holdings
The primary decision context is the main entity that business rules and models execute upon, as shown in the following figure:
The Subscription data object is the primary context that can have multiple holdings or products in the PegaCDH-Data-Comms-Holding class. The Account data object (in the PegaCDH-Data-Comms-Account class) extends the Pega Data-Party class with more data and represents either a single account or an entire household. Each account can have multiple subscriptions in the PegaCDH-Data-Comms-Subscription class.
You can use the context definition to add data objects to extend the model. For more information, see Defining customer contexts for multilevel decisioning in Pega Customer Decision Hub.
Rule types used
Pega Customer Decision Hub implements these data objects through Data Set rules. To learn more about data sets, see Data set rules, or contact your LSA.
Data sets are loaded and retrieved through Data Flow rules. Data flows orchestrate the movement of data from source to destination within Pega. Data flows also have the ability to transform your data.
To learn more about data flows, see Processing data with data flows.
Previous topic Deployment options for the communications data model