Configure the Chat Follow-up settings to track and wrap up inactive chat sessions. If a customer stops sending chat messages to a customer service representative (CSR) in a chat session for a configurable amount of time, you can send customizable reminder messages to both the customer and the CSR. You can configure automatic termination of the chat if it remains inactive for more time after sending the reminder message.
To configure the settings, complete the following steps:
- In the navigation panel of App Studio, click Settings > Chat and messaging.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select the Chat follow-up check box.
- To define the time in seconds that the application should wait before sending a reminder message to the customer, enter the number of seconds in the Reminder after NN seconds of no response from customer field.
- In the CSR reminder message field, enter a reminder message for the CSR.
- To define the inactive time in seconds after which the application must terminate the chat, enter a value in the Wrap up after NN seconds of no response from customer field.
- In the CSR wrap up message field, enter a wrap up message for the CSR.
- Click Save.