Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Configuring a Genesys CTI Server link
To configure a local CTI link to a Genesys CTI Server, do the following steps:
- Access the administration and configuration options for PegaCALL by clicking .
- Click Add CTI Link and select Genesys.
- Configure the CTI link by entering information in the following form.
The fields in the form are described below:
- Enabled – Select this check box if this CTI link is enabled. PegaCALL attempts to connect to the CTI Server only if the corresponding CTI link is enabled.
- Auto Start – Select this check box to have Pega 7 start the CTI engine when Pega 7 starts. Allowing Pega 7 to autostart a CTI link ensures that the link is ready when a CSR needs to use telephony services.
If Auto Start is not selected, the first CSR to log in after Pega 7 starts is likely to experience a longer delay before being able to log in.On production systems that have CTI links enabled, select Auto Start.
- T-Server Host Name – Required. Enter the host name or IP address of the T-Server.
- Port – Required. Enter the port used for SOAP connections to the server.
- Tenant ID – Enter the user ID for the CTI user or connection on the CTI Server.
- Password – Enter the password for the CTI user ID on the CTI Server.
- Application Name – Enter the application name that is associated with PegaCALL on the Genesys CIM platform.
- Append Node ID – Select this check box to append the Pega 7 node ID to the application name. In a Pega 7 cluster, this enables identification of each Pega 7 node connection to the T-Server.
Connection Timeout(s) – Enter the time in seconds before a CTI link is considered to be disconnected. The CTI Link Engine waits for this duration after a connection interruption before attempting to connect to a backup CTI Server (if one is configured).
- Retry Interval – Enter the time in seconds between attempts to reconnect to the CTI Server. Set the Retry Interval to a lower value than the Connection Timeout to allow the CTI Link Engine to attempt to reconnect to a CTI Server before attempting to fail over to the backup CTI Server.
- Site ID – Enter a unique identifier for the ACD to which this CTI link connects. If more than one link connects to the same ACD, they all must have the same site ID.
- Dial Plan – Select a dial plan rule to use to place calls with the CTI Link Engine. If no dial plan is selected, dial strings are sent to the PBX/ACD without modification.
- Desktop Heartbeats Enabled – Select this check box to require heartbeats from desktops. If a PegaCALL-enabled desktop stops sending heartbeat messages (such as when a web browser is shut down without properly logging out from CTI), the CTI link stops monitoring the device (phone or extension) associated with that desktop.
It is recommended that you enable this option to prevent continued monitoring of devices that are not being used and potential problems with subsequent logins.
- Desktop Heartbeats Interval(s) – Enter an interval (in seconds) at which heartbeat messages are expected.
- Desktop Heartbeats Timeouts – Enter the elapsed time (in seconds) after which, if no heartbeats have been received from a desktop, the CTI Link stops monitoring the device associated with the desktop. Set this timeout to an interval that is several times greater than the heartbeat interval.
- Desktop Heartbeats Behavior upon timeout – Select the behavior that you want at timeout:
- Unmonitor device (stop event subscription) – Stops the CTI event subscription from the CTI Server for the user's device (extension). PegaCALL no longer monitors the user's extension and does not provide screen pops or UI updates for that extension. The user can no longer control that extension through PegaCALL. The user's agent-state does not change on the ACD.
- Make agent Not-Ready and unmonitor device – In addition to stopping CTI events as described in the option above, PegaCALL attempts to change the user's agent-state on the ACD to "Not-Ready." This option prevents users from receiving customer phone calls from the queue.
- Click Test Connectivity to ensure that your connection is configured correctly.