Marketers can use Paid Media Manager for Pega Marketing to apply Next-Best-Action to advertising-driven interactions on paid destinations such as LinkedIn Ads. Paid Media Manager provides customers with a personalized, consistent, and coordinated experience across both owned and paid channels.
Paid Media Manager is included in Pega Marketing and Pega Customer Decision Hub. You can enable it with the appropriate license on top of the Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub license.
Configuring LinkedIn Ads destinations
To link Paid Media Manager with LinkedIn Ads, you must configure one or more paid destinations for LinkedIn Ads in App Studio.
- Log in to Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub as an administrator with access to App Studio.
- In App Studio, click Settings > Channels > Paid Media > LinkedIn Ads.
- Click Add destination.
- Enter information in the following fields:
- Destination name
- Account ID
- Source platform
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- In the LinkedIn Authorization section, Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub automatically provides the redirect URL for authenticating with LinkedIn OAuth 2.0. Click Grant Access to log in to LinkedIn and update the OAuth 2.0 redirect URL to the URL generated by Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub. For more information about authenticating with OAuth 2.0, refer to LinkedIn developer documentation.
In the Field mapping section, map the LinkedIn Ads Email (EMAIL) property to a Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub property, for example .Email.
Mapping the emails will allow the integration to match your existing customers to their LinkedIn accounts and target them with the right ads on the right platform. You can map the Email (EMAIL) Linkedin Ads property to multiple Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub properties. In this way, you can specify multiple emails for each customer and rank them in order of priority. Mapping multiple emails makes it possible to generate higher match rates and reach more customers. At least one email mapping is required.
- Optional: Configure the additional settings in the LinkedIn Ads assets generation section:
All customers audience - This check box is disabled by default. While this setting is enabled, after customers are placed in a Paid Audience, they are also added to an automatically generated audience containing all next-best-action managed customers.
To ensure that customers who are placed in the All customers audience do not receive anonymously targeted ads, negative target this audience on LinkedIn Ads in all advertising campaigns that are not based on next-best-action strategies. Customers who are present in the segment for the consecutive outbound runs or real-time container updates will be removed from this audience. The default name for the All customers audience is Next-Best-Action managed. If you disable or rename the All customers audience for a previously configured destination, customers who are assigned to this audience will be removed from it.
- Click Apply.
After you set up the connection with a Paid Media destination, configure the Next-Best-Action hierarchy so that your customers can be placed in the Paid Media Audiences that correspond to the offers selected for them by your Next-Best-Action strategies.