To automate how Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) collects information for an
open case, add a conversation to a case type. This feature simplifies the configuration
process of an IVA and ensures that the system only requests the correct case type
information from the user in a quick and conversational manner.
example, for an open case related to a request for a car insurance quote, an IVA during user
interaction, asks questions about a car model, car make, year of production of the car, and
then automatically stores the answers in the properties of a case. You configure the
conversation workflow as part of the case life cycle. As a result, the system automatically
responds to chat messages or voice commands that contain information about a
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the
case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life
- Add a conversational channel to a case type process:
- Click the stage to which you want to add a conversational
- On the General tab of the property panel, in the
Channel specific conversations section,
select the IVA channel that you want to use.
- On the Workflow tab, click the parallel process
for the IVA channel.
- Optional: To define the conditions that control when the conversation begins, on
the General tab of the property panel, in the
Start Process list, select When
- In the field below the Start Process list, enter
or select a when rule that determines when the conversation in the IVA
- Click Save.
- Add questions to the new conversation for the case type:
- Click the first step in the parallel process for the IVA, and then, in
the property panel, click Configure
- In the conversation for the channel product information window, add
data fields to the conversation by clicking Add
- In the dialog window, in your data model, select the fields that you
want to use to collect information from users, and then click
- In the dialog box with a list of fields, enter a question for each
- Add, delete, or reorder the questions to further configure the
conversation flow in the IVA.
- In the conversation for the channel product information window, select
a question for which you want to define a condition.
To define conditions that determine the flow of the conversation, you
specify the validation criteria.
- In the Show list, select
When, and then click
- In the Field list, select the name of a field
that supports validation.
- In the Comparator list, select a
- In the Value field, enter a value that you want
to compare with the user input.
- Optional: To use another property in the expression, click the
Add icon next to the field after which you
want to add the expression, and then repeat steps 4.h
for another condition.
- Click OK.
- Click Done.
- To update the underlying flow for the conversation, on the
Workflow tab, click the first step in the
conversation or step 1 in the parallel process.
- In the property panel, open the flow diagram for the conversation by
clicking Open process.
- Adjust the conversation flow to your needs by making the necessary
- Click Save.