Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Adding a conversational channel to a case type process
To improve the accuracy of Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) responses to a case, add a conversational channel to a process for a case type. You can also define the conditions that control when the conversation begins in the IVA.For example, you can add an IVA for Web Chatbot to the car insurance case type. The system creates a parallel process for this IVA channel and, as a result, you can later define a set of simple questions to collect information for a car insurance case.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- Click the stage to which you want to add a conversational channel.
- On the General tab of the property panel, in the
Channel specific conversations section, select the
IVA channel that you want to use.
Result: A parallel process for the IVA channel is added to the stage.
- Optional: To define the conditions that control when the conversation begins, update the
- On the Workflow tab, click the parallel process for the IVA channel.
- On the General tab of the property panel, in the Start Process list, select When Rule.
- In the field below the Start Process list, enter or select a when rule that determines when the conversation in the IVA starts.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Adding a conversation to a case type Next topic Adding questions to a conversation