To make Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) for Web Chatbot more user friendly, you can modify the default text for the action prompt that the system displays to users in the chatbot window and the preview console. As a result, you also help to customize the look and feel of the chatbot to better fit the needs and requirements of your organization.
By default, the prompt in the chatbot displays the following text: Type something to try...
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Create Field Value page, in the Field Value Record Configuration section, in the Label field, enter: Type something to try...
- In the Field Name field, press the Down Arrow key and select the pyActionPrompt field name.
- In the Context section in the Apply to field, enter or select the Embed-Channel-Control- class.
- Click Create and open.
- In the opened rule, in the To field, enter the new text
prompt for the chatbot.
For example: Enter: Type your message here
- Click Save.To change the action prompt for the chatbot to a different text, you can edit this rule again.
Result: The new prompt text is saved in the pyActionPrompt Type something to try... rule for the Embed-Channel-Control- class, in thesection.