Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Creating an Alexa skill definition
To use Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) for Alexa with a Pega Platform application, add a new Amazon Alexa skill in the Amazon developer portal. An Amazon skill provides a built-in set of capabilities for Alexa so that IVA for Alexa can answer specific Pega Platform questions.
Creating an Amazon Alexa skill generates a unique application ID that you later use to configure the Alexa channel in Pega Platform to function as an IVA for Alexa.
- From a web browser, log in to the Amazon developer portal.
- Click the Alexa menu, and then create a new skill.
- Click the Skill name tab, and then enter an invocation name for the customers to activate the Amazon skill.
- From the Default language list, click English (US).
- In.…, start a new skill definition by choosing the template.
- Display a list of all Alexa skills, and then click View Skill
ID for the new skill that you created.
Result: A unique application ID for the new skill appears, for example, amzn1.ask.skill.62beb805-ae2b-493a-a15b-229131115ba8
- Save the unique application ID to a temporary file.
Previous topic Installing the Alexa Channel component Next topic Setting up an Alexa channel