Ensure that your Email channel has integrations with necessary email accounts,
and is properly configured for your system, for example, to support multiple languages.
As a result, you ensure that users have an additional way to communicate with your
application to ask for help or solve an issue.
For example, by creating an
email bot for a travel agency you can help users book a flight by interacting with your
application just by using email.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click
Channels and interfaces.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click
- In the Email channel name field in the
Details section, enter a name for your Email
- Optional: To explain the purpose of your email bot, in the
Description field, enter a short description for the
- In the Email handling section, click Add
email account, and then select an email account.
You set up at least one email account for the Email channel so that users know
which email address to send their requests to the email bot.
- Optional: To verify that you can use the email account that you selected, click
- If you want to define additional email accounts for the email bot, repeat steps
5 and 6.
- Optional: To enhance how information is presented in emails and triage cases and to
enable rich HTML text for the email bot, in the Additional
settings section, select the Allow rich text (html) in
emails check box.
Enabling this option enhances how important information in the email is
presented in the system, for example, in triage cases displaying conversations
details from users.
- In the Reference operator list, select a reference
operator for your email bot.
You select a reference operator so that the system automatically assigns the
email triage case to a unique Pega Platform operator when
an exception occurs. A reference operator is a Pega Platform
user on behalf of whom service mails are created in the system.
- In the Languages list, select the languages in which the
email bot interacts with users.
You select the languages in which the email bot processes emails so that the
system can perform text analysis and provide automatic responses in the correct
language. By supporting multiple languages in an email bot, you increase the
availability of your application to users who speak different languages. You
configure reply email templates for each language separately.
- Click Save.