Create custom reports for Pega Email Bot™, to help you visualize the system performance and level of automation in the handling of received emails and triaged cases. The generated reports help you improve how an email bot interacts with users. For example, based on the information in the reports, you can adjust the machine learning models to attain greater automation in the system, so that users can communicate with the email bot more efficiently when requesting help.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click App.
- Click Classes.
- In the search field on the Classes tab, search for the Work-Channel-Triage class.
- Right-click the Work-Channel-Triage class, and then click .
- On the Create Report Definition page, in the Report Definition Record Configuration section, in the Label field, enter a name for the report definition.
- In the Context section, leave the default options for your current application.
- Click Create and open.
- In the report definition rule, in the Edit columns
section, in the Column source column, enter or select a
property to use in the report.
For example: To create a report definition based on the number of emails created during a specific period, select the .pyId or .pzInsKey property for a column.
- Optional: To add another property to the report definition, click Add
column, and then in the Column source
column, enter or select a property to use in the report definition.
For example: To include information about the From email field in the report definition, enter .pyFromName Tip: To display a list of properties that you can select for the report definition, in the App explorer, click the section for the Work-Channel-Triage class.
- In the Column name column, enter a label for the column source.
- Optional: To sort by the column source, enter values for Sort type and Sort order columns.
- Optional: To add more properties to the report, repeat steps 9 through 11.
- Click Save.
- Optimize the properties that you selected for reporting in steps 8 through
performing the following steps:When you optimize the properties, you expose the properties and populate the data columns in the report definition. You do not need to optimize the .pyID or .pzInsKey properties. For more information, see Exposing properties and populating database columns
- In the App explorer, for the Work-Channel-Triage class, click the section, right-click a property name, and then click Optimize for reporting.
- Select at least one table in which you want to create a dedicated database column for this property.
- If the property is embedded, specify the RuleSet and Version that is to contain the new Index- class, the properties in that class, and the Declare Index rule.
- Choose whether to optimize the property now or later.If you choose to optimize later, click the calendar icon to select a date on which you want to optimize the property, within seven days of the current date.
- Click Next and then review the tables to which the property column will be added and the classes that will be mapped to each table.
- Click Next, and then Finish.
- Optional: To optimize more properties for reporting, repeat steps 14.a through 14.f.