Create Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) for Web Chatbot so that users can interact with a Pega Platform application to answer questions, report an issue, or step through a process by sending messages in an embedded chat window. For example, with the IVA for Web Chatbot, users can create a case to inquire about a car price estimate or book a flight.
- Create a new channel interface:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click Web Chatbot.
- In the Details section, in the Channel interface name field, enter a name for your channel.
- Optional: To describe the purpose of the channel, in the Description field, enter a short description of your IVA.
- In the channel, click the Connection tab.
- In the Template operator ID list, click the name
of an existing Pega Platform operator to use as a
template. The system uses this operator as a template to create all further accounts. Each account has a unique channel identifier set as its ID.
- Click Save.
- Embed a Web Chatbot channel chat window on a web page. For more information, see Embedding a chat window for the Web Chatbot channel.
- Optional: Customize the Web Chatbot channel by changing the Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) styles, changing the text for the action prompt, or creating custom user interface controls. For more information, see Customize the Web Chatbot channel.
- Define the conversational channel behavior for IVA for Web Chatbot. For more information, see Defining conversational channel behavior.