With Pega Email Bot™, you can automatically analyze the content of files that are attached to email to detect entities during email triage. Your email bot uses these entities and other information that is detected in text analysis in intelligent email routing, to determine the best action, for example, to open a case or send an automatic reply.
The system uses machine learning models that are trained to detect entities in email attachments. Pega Platform supports the following file types as attachments:
- Microsoft Word (
- Open Document Format (
- Portable Document Format (
- Rich Text Format (
- Simple Text (
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Email channel.
- In the Email channel, click the Behavior tab.
- To enable advanced configuration mode, select the Use advanced
configuration check box.In the advanced configuration mode, you enable the analysis of email attachments for the advanced text analyzers.
- If you use an advanced configuration mode for a text analyzer, in the Text Analyzer section, click the Switch to edit mode icon next to a text analyzer that you want to use for email attachments analysis.
- In the Analyze email attachments list, specify how you
want to analyze email attachments:
- To always analyze email attachments, click Always.
- To analyze email attachments based on a when rule, click When, and then in the adjacent field select or define a when rule.
For example: The following figure shows the advanced text analyzer configuration for an email bot that is set up so that the system always analyzes email attachments:
- If you use an advanced configuration mode for a text analyzer, click Submit.
- Click Save.