Customer service representatives (CSRs) can overwrite information in case fields
in a duplicate or related business case, with information from the new case. By mapping
information to cases, you ensure that the same relevant information is available in all
cases describing the same issue or business request.
For example, CSRs can
overwrite the account identifier and credit card number properties in a duplicate business
case, so that the same information is available in the new business case that they spin off.
- Open a portal by performing one of the following actions:
- To open the Case Manager portal, in Dev Studio,
click Launch web interface, and then click
- To open the Email Manager portal, in Dev Studio, click Launch web interface, and then click
- Open a triage case by performing one of the following actions:
- To edit a triage case in the Case Manager portal, in the dashboard view
in the list of cases, click a case name.
- To edit a triage case in the Email Manager portal, in the list of
emails, click an email.
- In the right panel, click the Details tab.
- In the Create case section, click the name of the new
business case that you want to spin off for the triage case.
- In the Potential duplicate cases have been found window,
in the row for a duplicate or related case, click
- In the compare with existing case window, select the check boxes next to the
case properties for the new business case whose values you want to overwrite in
an existing duplicate or related case.
- Click Mark as duplicate.
- Optional: To map properties to another duplicate case, repeat steps 5