Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Setting up an Alexa channel
Create Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) for Alexa so that users can interact with a Pega Platform application to ask questions, report an issue, or step through a process by using voice commands. For example, with an IVA for Alexa, users can create a case to inquire about a car price estimate or to book a flight.
The default chatbot skill configuration results include sample intent schema, a list of answers for all questions, and content for sample utterances that helps users order a pizza. The sample utterances also include unknown definitions for unknown responses. They force the Alexa chatbot to say "I don't understand" for responses that it does not understand.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click the icon that represents your existing Alexa channel.
- In the Alexa channel, click the Connection tab.
- In the Alexa application ID field, enter the application
ID for the Amazon Alexa skill that you saved to a file when you created an Alexa
skill definition.You specify the application ID value that was previously generated in the Amazon developer portal. For more information, see Creating an Alexa skill definition.
- Click Save, and then generate the default skill
configuration results for the chatbot by clicking Generate
configuration.This information is later added to the Amazon Alexa skill definition that you created.
- Save the information from the Intent Schema section to a temporary file.
- Save the information from the LIST_OF_ANSWERS_FOR_ALL_QUESTIONS section to a temporary file.
- Save the information from the Sample Utterances section to a temporary file.
- Optional: If you update the chatbot case and response command content, click
Generate configuration on the
Connection tab, and then copy the generated content
to the Amazon skill definition.
Note: Do not modify the unknown responses. Previous topic Creating an Alexa skill definition Next topic Updating the Alexa skill configuration