Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Setting up entity property mapping
To improve the responses that your Pega Email Bot™ provides to emails, you can optionally add entity extraction information for a suggested case. As a result, when a case type is associated with an email that you receive, your email bot extracts entities from email content, and automatically assigns them to a case type property in a Pega Platform application.For example, for the Car Insurance case, you can map the CarModel and CarMake entities to the .CarModel and .CarMake case properties. When these entities are detected in email, their values are automatically assigned to the case properties.
Entities contain proper nouns that fall into a commonly understood category, for example, a person, a location, a date, an organization, or a ZIP code.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Email channel.
- In the Email channel, click the Behavior tab.
- In the Suggested cases section, click the Switch to edit mode icon for a case type.
- In the Add suggested case window, click the Entities extraction tab.
- Add an entity to a case property mapping by clicking Add mapping.
- In the Entity list, click an entity.
- In the Case property list, click a case property that you want to map to the entity.
- Optional: To add another entity to case property mapping, repeat steps 6 through 8.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Setting up text analysis for a suggested case Next topic Defining suggested responses for an Email channel