Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Setting up the IVA for Facebook Messenger
Provide users with the ability to interact with your Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) in Facebook Messenger. By interacting with your chatbot on Facebook Messenger, users have a convenient, everyday messaging app available to resolve issues or request more help in your application.For example, for a travel agency application, customers can interact with your chatbot in Facebook Messenger to cancel their flight.
- Configure Unified Messaging channel security settings. For more information, see Configuring Unified Messaging channel security.
- If you do not have an IVA for Unified Messaging, create a Unified Messaging channel. For more information, see Creating a Unified Messaging channel.
- If you do not have a Facebook Admin account and one or more Facebook pages, create them. For more information, refer to the Facebook developer portal.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Unified Messaging channel.
- In the Unified Messaging channel, click the Connection tab.
- Click Integration Manager.
- In the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Add Connection, and then click the Facebook icon.
- If you are not signed on to your Facebook account in the browser, log in to
- On the Facebook login page, enter the email address and password for your Facebook account.
- Click Log In.
Note: The account you use must be an admin of the Facebook page that you want to authorize.
- In the displayed window, click Continue as <YOUR NAME>.
- In the page selection window for your Facebook page application, select the check box for the Facebook page that you will use with your Pega Platform application, and then click Next.
- Review the permissions for your Facebook page, and then click
Done.This action ensures that you give permission to your Facebook page app to send and receive messages on behalf of the IVA channel.
Result: The window displays information that your Facebook page is now linked to your Unified Messaging channel.
- Click OK.
Result: The system displays information that the authorization for your Facebook page was successful, and displays a list of all of your configured messaging platforms.
- Close the browser window, and then in the Unified Messaging channel, click Save.
Previous topic Setting up the IVA for Apple Messages for Business Next topic Setting up the IVA for SMS/MMS (Twilio)