Set up text analysis for a suggested case in an Email channel so that your Pega
Email Bot associates a topic with the case and triggers an action as a response to a
received email. With text analysis, your email bot provides meaningful responses to
For example, when the email bot detects the intent of an
email that relates to a request for a car insurance quote, the system suggests a car
Before you begin: Set up suggested cases for your email bot. For more information, see Adding suggested cases for an Email channel.
If you configure multiple languages for the email bot, you set up text analysis for
each language separately. This configuration ensures that the system performs email text
analysis in the correct language.
Result: At run time, the suggested case action starts when an email contains the items that
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click
Channels and interfaces.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon
that represents your Email channel.
- In the Email channel, click the Behavior tab.
- In the Suggested cases section, select a method for
modifying a suggested case:
- To create a new suggested case, click Add suggested
case, and then, in the Add suggested
case window in the Choose case type
list, select a case type.
- To edit an existing suggested case, click the Switch to edit
mode icon for the case type that you want to
- If you configure multiple languages for the email bot, in the Add
suggested case window, click a language.
The supported languages are displayed on a vertical tab. When you add a new
case or edit an existing case, you switch between the languages by clicking the
name of a language.
- Enter the items that trigger an action, and then separate them with
- In the Approximate match field, enter words and
short phrases to use as an approximate match for the suggested case that
triggers the action.
- In the Must match field, enter words and short
phrases that trigger an action for the suggested case when they occur in
- In the Never match field, enter words and short
phrases that never trigger an action for the suggested case.
- Optional: To configure additional languages for the suggested case, repeat steps 5
- Click Submit.