To create Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) for Web Chatbot, configure a Web Chatbot channel. Through an IVA for Web Chatbot users can send text messages in the chat window of a web page to interact with a Pega Platform application, for example, to create a case to inquire about a car estimate or to book a flight.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click Web Chatbot.
- In the Channel interface name field in the Details section, enter a name for your Web Chatbot channel.
- Optional: To describe the purpose of the channel, in the Description field, enter a short description about your IVA for Web Chatbot.
- In the Web Chatbot channel, click the Connection tab.
- In the Template operator ID list, click the name of an
existing Pega Platform operator to use as the template. This value is used as a template from which all accounts are created. Each account has a unique Web Chatbot identifier set as its ID. For more information, see Template operator for IVA channel.
- Click Save.