Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Spinning off business cases for an email bot
To immediately address a user request sent by email, you can spin off a related business case for triage. By performing this action, you ensure that your application automatically saves the information described in a triage case, and marks it for immediate action. As a result, the system encapsulates user requests inside a business case life cycle, for quicker response and resolution of the reported issue.For example, a customer service representative can immediately save a user request for a car insurance quote as a new car insurance business case.
- Open a portal by performing one of the following actions:
- To open the Case Manager portal, in Dev Studio, click Launch web interface, and then click Case Manager.
- To open the Email Manager portal, in Dev Studio, click Launch web interface, and then click Email Manager.
- Open a triage case by performing one of the following actions:
- To edit a triage case in the Case Manager portal, in the dashboard view in the list of cases, click a case name.
- To edit a triage case in the Email Manager portal, in the list of emails, click an email.
For example: Click ET-796.
- In the right panel, click the Details tab.The Create case section displays a list of suggested business cases for the triage case.
- In the Create case section, click the name of a business
case that you want to spin off for triage.
For example: Click Car insurance to create a car insurance business case in the application.
- In the Create case name section of the Description field, enter a short description of the triage case, to save in the business case.
- In the Label field, enter the name of the operator that is triaging the case.
- Click Create case.
Result: A message displays, stating that a new business case has been created, for example: New "Car Insurance" C-2723 was created. Previous topic Transferring triage cases Next topic Detecting duplicate or related cases for an email bot