To improve the accuracy of Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) responses to a case, add
a conversational channel to a process for a case type. You can also define the
conditions that control when the conversation begins in the IVA.
example, you can add an IVA for Web Chatbot to the car insurance case type. The system
creates a parallel process for this IVA channel and, as a result, you can later define a set
of simple questions to collect information for a car insurance case.
Result: At run time, the system asks a series of questions to
collect information about a Pega Platform case.What to do next: Add questions to the IVA conversation. For more information, see Adding questions to a conversation.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click
Case types, and then click the case type that you want to
- On the Workflow tab, click Life
- Click the stage to which you want to add a conversational channel:
Result: A parallel process for the IVA channel is added to the
- To add a conversational channel to the Create stage, click .
- To add a conversational channel to any other stage, click .
- Optional: To define the conditions that control when the conversation begins, update the
- On the Workflow tab, click the parallel process
for the IVA channel.
- Select Custom condition, and then define the
condition that determines when the conversation in the IVA starts.
The custom condition must reference the
pxActiveChannel property for the conversational
- Click Save.