To specify how Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) collects information about a case
from users, configure standard questions for the related data fields in the case type.
This ensures that an IVA intelligently interacts with a Pega Platform
application in a conversational manner by updating properties of a case type based user
When a case starts during a user interaction with an IVA, the
system automatically asks questions about the case type.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click
Case types, and then click the case type that you want to
- On the Workflow tab, click Life
- Click the first step in the parallel process for the IVA, and then, in the
property panel, click Configure conversation.
- In the conversation for the channel product information window, add data fields
to the conversation by clicking Add question.
- In the dialog window, in your data model, select the fields that you want to
use to collect information from users, and then click
- In the dialog box with a list of fields, enter a question for each field.
- Add, delete, or reorder the questions to further configure the conversation
flow in the IVA.
- Optional: To define conditions that determine the flow of the conversation, specify the
- In the conversation for the channel product information window, select
a question for which you want to define a condition.
- In the Show list, select
When, and then click
- In the Field list, select the name of a field
that supports validation.
- In the Comparator list, select a
- In the Value field, enter a value that you want
to compare with the user input.
- Optional: To use another property in the expression, click the
Add icon next to the field after which you
want to add the expression, and then repeat steps 8.c
for another condition.
- Click OK.
- Click Done.
- Click Save.