To make Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) for Web Chatbot more user friendly, you can modify the default text for the action prompt that the system displays to users in the chatbot window and the preview console. As a result, you also help to customize the look and feel of the chatbot to better fit the needs and requirements of your organization.
- Switch to Dev Studio.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click App.
- Click Classes.
- In the field below the Classes tab, search for the Embed-Channel-Control- class.
- In the Embed-Channel-Control- class, expand the section, and then double-click the pyActionPrompt pyInputPlaceholder rule.
- In the opened rule, in the To field, enter new text for
the default prompt for the chatbot.By default, the action prompt in the chatbot displays the following text: Type your message here
For example: Enter: Enter something here
- Click Save.
- Switch back to App Studio.