Creating an Email channel
Ensure that your Email channel is integrated with necessary email accounts and properly configured for your system. As a result, you can later define how the email bot responds to email requests and set up intelligent routing, helping users interact with your application more efficiently to report or solve an issue.For example, by creating an email bot, the system or customer service representatives (CSRs) can automatically triage emails to a work queue or create top-level cases based on requests asking for help booking a flight.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click Email.
- In the Email channel name field in the Details section, enter a name for your Email channel.
- Optional: To explain the purpose of your email bot, in the Description field, enter a short description for the email bot.
- In the Email handling section, click Add
email account, and then select an email account.You set up at least one email account for the Email channel so that users know which email address to send their requests to the email bot.
- Optional: To verify that you can use the email account that you selected, click
Verify.For more information about troubleshooting email integration settings for the Email channel, see Troubleshooting email accounts in the Email channel.
Result: If the email account verification fails, you can view information about the reason why the process failed by clicking a link.
- If you want to define additional email accounts for the email bot, repeat steps 5 and 6.
- Optional: To enhance how information is presented in emails and triage cases and to
enable rich HTML text for the email bot, in the Additional
settings section, select the Allow rich text (html) in
emails check box.Enabling this option enhances how important information in the email is presented in the system, for example, in triage cases displaying conversations details from users.
- In the Additional settings section, in the
Reference operator list, select a reference operator
for your email bot.You select a reference operator so that the system automatically assigns the email triage case to a unique Pega Platform operator when an exception occurs. A reference operator is a Pega Platform user on behalf of whom service mails are created in the system.
- In the Languages list, select the languages in which the
email bot interacts with users.You select the languages in which the email bot processes emails so that the system can perform text analysis and provide automatic responses in the correct language. By supporting multiple languages in an email bot, you increase the availability of your application to users who speak different languages. You configure reply email templates for each language separately.
Note: By editing the pyGetDefaultLanguage data transform rule for the Data-Channel- class, you can select a default language other than English to use when creating an Email channel. For more information, see Overriding the default language for an Email channel.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Implementing an email bot for an Email channel Next topic Defining Email channel behavior