Creating an IVA channel from an existing channel
Save time building your chatbot by creating Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) based on a verified configuration in another IVA channel.For example, in your production environment, if you have an IVA for Unified Messaging that intelligently responds to customer inquiries, starts business cases, and interacts with your Pega Platform application, you can reuse the Unified Messaging channel configuration in another channel.
When you create a Unified Messaging or Web Chatbot channel based on a configuration in another IVA channel, the system copies the following information from the existing channel:
- Case commands
- Response commands
- Text analyzers
- Settings in the Options section
- Template operator
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Unified Messaging or Web Chatbot channel with the settings that you want to copy to the new channel.
- In the upper right of the page, click .
- In the Copy channel interface window, click the Unified Messaging or Web Chatbot icon that represents the channel
that you want to create.
Result: The system displays the new channel.
- In the Details section, in the Channel interface name field, enter a name for your channel.
- Optional: To describe the purpose of the channel, in the Description field, enter a short description of your IVA.
- For Unified Messaging channels, click the Connection tab, and then, in the Base URL field, enter a new URL for your system.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Testing the Alexa skill definition