After you configure an Alexa skill with the Alexa channel information, you can test whether the configured skill results work correctly. You can run the tests in the Amazon developer portal.
- In a web browser, log in to the Amazon developer portal.
- On the Alexa menu, in the Alexa Skills Kit section, click Get Started, and then and click the name of the your Alexa skill.
- Click the Test tab.
- Turn the switch to Enabled.
- In the Service Simulator section, click the Test tab.
- In the Enter Utterance field, enter a sample command for
Alexa, and then click Ask
<Alexa_Skill>. The Service Request and Service Response fields display your request and the generated response from Alexa in JSON format.
- Optional: To listen to the generated Alexa response, click the Listen icon .
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to test additional commands for Alexa.