The system does not show new Digital Messaging Manager features after you update Pega Platform or Pega Customer Service.
To use the latest Digital Messaging Manager features, save your existing Unified Messaging channel after a Pega Platform or Pega Customer Service update.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Unified Messaging channel.
- Click Save.
The system displays a warning message stating that you need to define Unified Messaging security settings
During the creation and configuration of a Unified Messaging channel in the Pega Platform application, the system displays the following warning message:
Define Unified Messaging security within the application definition. Couldn't retrieve the connection details.
- Contact Pega Support to obtain the security settings for your Unified Messaging channel, including the Manager ID and the Manager Key values for Digital Messaging Manager. You specify these settings in the application rule on the Integration & Security tab.
The Unified Messaging channel definitions disappear from the application
The system removes the configured social messaging channels from Digital Messaging Manager for the Unified Messaging channel.
This issue occurs when you either update the Public Link URL field of your Pega Platform or change the values for the Manager ID or Manager Key in the application rule, after you create a channel and configure its IVAs for Apple Messages for Business, Facebook Messenger, SMS/MMS, or WhatsApp in Digital Messaging Manager. When you update the Public Link URL field or the Unified Messaging security settings for your channel, the system automatically generates a new unique consumer ID. As a result, all of your previously configured social messaging channels in Digital Messaging Manager are no longer available.
- If you need to change the Manager ID or Manager Key, it is important to first deregister your messaging channels. Before updating your Unified Messaging channel configuration in the application rule on the Integration & Security tab, ensure that you first remove your messaging channels for the consumer ID in Digital Messaging Manager for each IVA, for example, for Facebook Messenger, or WhatsApp. After you remove all of your messaging channels, you can safely update the Manager ID or Manager Key.
- If you have updated the Manager ID or
Manager Key before you removed your messaging
channels, contact Pega Support and request that they
remove all of your existing channels. In your service request, specify
that your Manager ID or Manager
Key was changed and you can no longer access your
messaging channels.For more information, go to Pega Support.
- Ensure that you did not modify the Public Link
URL field that is referencing your Pega Platform instance. For more information, see Configuring the public link URL.
The system displays an error when you try to add messaging channels to another Unified Messaging channel
When you attempt to add messaging channels that are already defined in an existing Unified Messaging channel to another channel, the operation fails and the system displays an error message.
- Ensure that you first deregister the messaging channels, for example,
Facebook Messenger, or WhatsApp from Digital Messaging Manager for the
existing Unified Messaging channel.
- Add the messaging channels to another Unified Messaging channel.
The system displays a warning message stating that the messaging channels are already registered
When you import an application that includes your Unified Messaging channel, for example, from the development to the staging environment, the data from the development environment overwrites the channel information in the staging environment. When attempting to add the previous channel information back to the staging environment manually, the operation fails and the system displays an error message stating that the account for the messaging channel, such as WhatsApp, is already registered in the system.
Perform the following manual steps to ensure that messaging channels and their configuration are correctly imported from another environment:
- In the development environment, in Digital Messaging Manager which displays a list of your configured messaging channels, manually remove all of your connections, for example, for WhatsApp.
- Optional: To prepare the development environment for export, in the Unified Messaging security settings for Digital Messaging Manager, remove the Manager ID and
Manager Key values.
- Import your application that includes the Unified Messaging channel from the development to the staging environment.
- In the staging environment, specify the Manager
ID and Manager Key fields for
Digital Messaging Manager. These values consist of the
Manager ID or Manager
Key that you received for the staging environment.
- In Digital Messaging Manager, authorize and register the connections for your messaging channels, for example, for WhatsApp.
The Unified Messaging service cannot communicate with Pega Platform
If your Pega Platform system was installed on premises, ensure that you specified a value in the Public Link URL field of your system settings so that the Unified Messaging service can communicate with Pega Platform.
- Define a value in the Public Link URL field for
your Pega Platform instance.For more information, see Configuring the public link URL.