Update the information for the Alexa skill in the Amazon developer portal so that Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) for Amazon can communicate with the Alexa developer portal. You enter the skill configuration results that you generated for your IVA for Alexa, the URL for a Pega Platform instance, and the SSL certificate configuration.
- In a web browser, log in to the Amazon developer portal.
- From the list of Alexa skills, open the Alexa skill that you previously created.
- Follow the instructions provided in the Alexa developer console to create and
train the interaction model.For more information, see the Alexa developer documentation related to the Alexa skills kit and skill development process.
- Optional: In the Slot Types section, click
Add, and then perform the following actions:
- In the Create custom slot type field, enter: LIST_OF_ANSWERS_FOR_ALL_QUESTIONS
- Click Create custom slot type, and then click Bulk Edit.
- Copy the list of answers for all questions that you saved in a
temporary file, and then paste the content into the field area. For more information, see Setting up an Alexa channel.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To set up a list of sample utterances, in the Intents
section, click Add, and then perform the following
- In the Create custom intent field, enter a name for an intent.
- Click Create custom intent, and then click Build Edit.
- Copy the the sample utterances that you saved in a temporary file in
step, and then paste the content into the field area. For more information, see Setting up an Alexa channel.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save Model.
- Select the certificate endpoints for your target customers:
- Click the Endpoint section.
- For the service endpoint type, click HTTPS.
- In the Default Region field, enter the URL for
your Pega Platform instance and its Alexa channel in
the following format:
For example: If a Pega Platform instance is located at the
https://test.pega.com/prwebweb address, enter the following string: https://test.pega.com/prweb/PRRestService/alexachannel/srv/alexa
- Select the type of the certificate that your organization uses.
- Click Save Endpoints.
- Set up account linking information:
- Click the Account Linking section.
- Turn on the Do you allow users to create an account or link to an existing account with you? switch.
- Click Implicit Grant.
- Turn off the Allow users to enable skill without account linking switch.
- In the Authorization URI field, enter the URL
for your Pega Platform instance and its Alexa
channel. Use the same Pega Platform instance and the corresponding Alexa channel as in step 7.c.
- In the Client ID field, enter the application ID
for the Alexa skill that you saved to a file when you created an Alexa
skill definition.For more information, see Creating an Alexa skill definition.
- Click Save.