- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the Case life cycle section, in the header of the stage
for the case type, click , and then click Digital Messaging or Legacy Webchat.
Result: The system saves the conversational channel process as a parallel process for the stage by creating a conversation flow smart shape.
- In the Case life cycle section, in the header of a
parallel conversation process that contains the conversation flow, click
Result: The system displays the process flow that includes the conversation flow smart shape.
- On the Workflow tab, in the conversation flow shape in the flow, click the Add icon.
- In the flow canvas, modify the primary path in the conversation process by
connecting and configuring the following conversation shapes:
- Ask a question
- Asks a question to the user in the chatbot in a button, quick reply, yes/no, or open format, and saves the answer in case properties.
- Send a message
- Displays a text message to the user.
- Conversation flow
- Starts another existing conversation process that is stand-alone or for a case type.
For example: The following figure shows a conversation process for a Fee Inquiry case type designed to help users dispute a cancellation fee for the requested vehicle. You can design the conversation process with the Send a message and Ask a question shapes, for example, to confirm the date when the cancellation fee was applied and find out the reason for disputing the fee. From the obtained information, the system can then make a decision to either immediately refund the cancellation charge or submit the fee dispute inquiry to a customer service representative (CSR) for further review.
- Click Save.
Result: The system saves your configured conversation process for the chatbot as a conversation flow in the parallel process for a case.
- Optional: To display the case life cycle view, click Stages & steps.
The following video demonstrates improvements in the chatbot authoring experience.
You will learn how to use the new smart shapes to build a conversation process for