To improve the accuracy of Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) responses to a case, add a
conversational channel to a process for a case type. You can also define the conditions
that control when the conversation begins in the IVA.
For example, you can
add an IVA for Legacy Webchat to the car insurance case type. The
system creates a parallel process for this IVA channel and, as a result, you can later
define a set of simple questions to collect information for a car insurance case.
Result: At run time, the system asks a series of questions to
collect information about a Pega Platform case.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click
Case types, and then click the case type that you want to
- On the Workflow tab, click Life
- Click the stage to which you want to add a conversational channel:
Result: A parallel process for the IVA channel is added to the
- To add a conversational channel to the Create stage, click .
- To add a conversational channel to any other stage, click .
- Optional: To define the conditions that control when the conversation begins, update the
- On the Workflow tab, click the parallel process
for the IVA channel.
- Select Custom condition, and then define the
condition that determines when the conversation in the IVA starts.
- Click Save.